Thursday, 8 August 2013

Sleep in Rollers Review

note: very picture heavy!

Ever since I tried Strawberry Curlers I've been dying to try Sleep-In rollers! In a way they are very similar to Strawberry Curlers, how they are foam based, and you can sleep in them, yet they produce a completely different result! Strawberry Curlers curl your hair, whilst Sleep-In rollers create big, bouncy hair! I've always dreamed of waking up with big, beautiful hair, and now that my hair is a lot longer, it makes me want it even more.





Honestly, when they first arrived in the box, the first thing I saw was that glitter and thought, oh my god that's going to be everywhere! But when I took them out of the box, I saw they had a plasticy film coating, which made me feel much better. They came with 20 rollers, 20 grips in a cute little bag thing, and a travelling bag for the rollers! Here's how I got on...

Before! (my hair is quite wavy/thick naturally)

Before! (The roots lack volume! It's all at the bottom)

During!

It took me about 25 minutes to put them in, because my hair is so long and the best way to roll them is to pull the hair out, it kind of made my arms ache after a while! haha! Because of the Velcro material on the rollers, it made them less comfortable than the strawberry curlers, because it made them scratchy! But because they are foamy I was able to sleep in them, it's just like having a lumpy pillow strapped to your head! I got the occasional poke from the grips, but nothing hurt and I actually got a good night sleep. When I woke up, none had fallen out, which I was actually surprised at, because they felt quite loose when they were in. 


Ta da!

It only took about 5 minutes to take them all out, and none of my hair got knotted up or anything! I'm really pleased with how it turned out, I love how big my hair is, and now it has a small curl to it! I would recommended spraying your hair with hairspray, when it's either in the rollers or just after taking it out, as my hair fell quite a bit during the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment