Saturday, 11 August 2012

Warby Parker

I've recently discovered an amazing brand/website that I wanted to share with you guys. Warby Parker sells vintage glasses as well as stylish sunglasses, for both men and women. If you didn't know, I do wear glasses but I'm a contact lenses person, however I do like to wear glasses around the house, and on days when I'm feeling a bit lazy (contact lenses can often be time consuming and a bit of effort!). And of course, every girl loves a pair of sunglasses (even if we barley get to wear them in UK's current weather).

Warby Parker have beautiful frames for both optical and sun, however the best thing about Warby Parker, and my favourite thing about them is their "buy a pair, give a pair" policy. The policy is for every pair of glasses they sell,  they provide a pair for someone in need. It's always nice when companies do things for the less fortunate, it makes me think they aren't just in it for the money, but actually care about their products and customers.

"Approximately one billion people don’t have access to affordable glasses. Glasses can increase one’s income by 20%, enable students to see a blackboard and offer dignity to those with poor eyesight. Warby Parker works with experienced non-profit partners to ensure that each sale of our frames will give someone in need access to affordable glasses."

Unfortunately, for myself and the UK/Europe readers, Warby Parker only ships to US, Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico. But I can keep dreaming right? Here's some of my favourites:





All of these shown, like the majority of the glasses and sunglasses available at Warby Parker, are only $95. Which is around £60. I think that is quite cheap for glasses, as my glasses talked about here, were £99! Vintage frames are seen as trendy at the moment, which I love because vintage frames are beautiful! I have chosen the more simpler of frames because although I like wearing glasses, I don't think I'm confident enough to wear very "out there" designs. When I was younger it was seen as geeky/nerdy to be wearing glasses, so I'm glad that is changing.

1 comment:

  1. I need some new glasses soon, may have to get some here!xo

    ReplyDelete