Saturday, 4 August 2012

review: Purity Skincare

The lovely people at Purity Organic Skincare sent me some bits to review for you guys! I couldn't believe it when I opened the packet, 6 full sized products!

"Purity Organic Skincare is a British brand, conceived and created to bring intelligent, sustainable and organic beauty to each and every one of us. Purity Organic Skincare is EcoCert certified, with 98% of the ingredients of natural origin and an average of 82% of the ingredients processed from organic farming."

They sent me 6 products. 
Top row from left to right: facial wash, facial exfoliator, cleansing lotion.
Bottom row from left to right: anti-ageing serum & mask, regenerating overnight moisturiser, anti-ageing moisturiser.

I wouldn't buy anything with "anti-ageing" in the name because I'm only 18 and I don't think my skin really needs any anti ageing at the moment, so I can't really talk much about them, but I have given them to my mum who likes them!


facial wash - 150ml - £4.99. 

I think the price is so cheap for a product like this. Often natural/organic products can be very expensive, but  I think £4.99 is quite cheap. There isn't a smell to the product, which I like because you put it on your face, then wash it off so it's not like you need a smell to it. I only needed to use a tiny amount (the amount shown in the picture!) and that covered my entire face. It lathers really well, which I like, and it washes off easily. It didn't irritate me skin, or spots, which can often happen with face washes. And it left my skin feeling soft and clean. It's a simple, nice face wash.


facial exfoliator - 100ml - £5.99

Again, this is quite a good price for an exfoliator, considering brands like Soap & Glory can be around £8-£10. This is my favourite product of the set! I love exfoliator as it is, but this is a really good product. You only need a small amount, then you massage it around your face. Whilst massaging it, I could feel my skin already becoming softer! The little bits in it are the best ones I've found in an exfoliator, they are hard and gritty, but because they are so small they gently exfoliate your skin without irritating it. Also because they are so small they wash off easily, and your not forever finding them days after you've used it.

cleansing lotion (make up remover) - 150ml - £4.99

Honestly, I haven't bought/used make up remover in a very long time so I don't know if the price is good or not. I tend to have a shower then use a make up wipe.
I used this to get off mascara, I used a tiny amount and massaged it into and around my eyes. One wipe and my make up was gone! I was very impressed with how easily my mascara came off, and it didn't irritate my eyes at all.

 regenerating overnight moisturiser - 50ml - £7.99

I have also never used a moisturiser that is specific to night, so I don't know if the price is good or not. But the product is very impressive! Firstly, it's in a pot so you can actually get out as much or little as you want, so you don't waste any. Also, it's not like a liquid/runny moisturiser, it's quite thick. This means you only need a little bit to cover your entire face. Once I put it on my face it only took around 5 minutes to dry/soak into my skin, and I could instantly tell that it had hydrated my face. I woke up to moisturised and soft skin - which is a bonus because sometimes that moisturised feel can wear off within hours, but with this it stayed on for over 12 hours!


Want to buy these products, or find out more? Check out their website here, or their twitter here!

No comments:

Post a Comment