Sunday, 12 August 2012

review: Purely Natural - Acne Cleanser

I was sent this Acne Cleanser by Purely Natural. I've suffered with Acne for years now, I've tried every product probably possible, but I never stick to them long enough, I get impatient at the fact they don't work straight away (I know it's bad of me!).

The Acne Cleanser is made from 100% natural ingredients, which makes me feel good because at least I know it's not full of chemicals that are going to make my skin worse. It comes with a little note that tells me top tips to help acne. 

This is what the actual cleanser looks like. I like the little pot it comes in, the way it's designed emphasizes the natural side to the product. It's available to buy here, for £6.95 for 100g. I think the price is cheap for acne products, plus you hardly use any so it lasts a long time! The cleanser is like a big dough ball! On the side of the tub it tells you how to use it. You take a small amount and crumble it into your hand. You then add water and massage it onto your face,  then simply wash off. Sounds easy right? It's not that easy. I've been using it for about 2 weeks now, and I've only just got the hang of it! It's not that it's really complicated, it can just be quite messy. Sometimes I crumble the bits, and they go everywhere. Or sometimes I add to much water, and it becomes a mess! But when I get it right, it's perfect.

This is what it looks like after about 2 weeks of using it twice a day. You hardly need any product, so it's going to last me ages!

This is the amount I use, crumbled on my hand.

Then this is after adding water.

If you get the product, I recommend dripping water onto your hand, very slowly. Rather than putting all the water you're going to need on at once, do it in stages. I add a little bit, so the texture is like a paste, then I add more and more until it's at a consistency I like. The smell is citrus'y, as it is made from orange oil. This makes me like the product even more, because I love a fruity smell! After I had washed the product off, I could feel that my skin was so soft! I use the product first thing in the morning, and last thing at night. I wake up to soft skin, and it continues throughout the day. I've noticed that whilst it hasn't cleared up my skin, it helped to control my skin throughout that horrible time of the month when I completely break out. The fact that it controlled my break outs makes me think if I stick to the product it could really improve my skin!

Overall I'd give it a 8/10, it really helped to control my skin, but it can be messy, and I often find big bits of some sort of flower, which puts me off a little!

If you want to

2 comments:

  1. This sounds great. Haven't tried it before, but I really want to now! Great post :)

    Stop by and check out my blog!
    http://dawndugong.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete