Sunday, 26 August 2012

DIY: dress to skirt

I've had this dress for ages now, never worn it, it's been on ebay and to a carboot but didn't sell. When it was at the carboot I kept staring at it, thinking the print is really cute! I decided if it didn't sell I'd keep it and do something with it, and this is what happened!:

The dress to begin with

I cut the top part off, above the elasticated area

I was gonna make a bralet from the top part, but it was way to short.

The elasticated part was to big for a waist band, so I pinned it in half then sewed it down.

The finished result! (The top is also a DIY - post will be up in a few days!)

6 comments:

  1. That is so cute I love that!! Shame the bralet didn't work :( Maybe you could buy some fabric to extend it with?

    Still amazing though well done!

    New follower :)

    http://holliegrace.blogspot.co.uk

    Hollie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) I know, I wish I had cut through the middle of the elasticated part, would of made it a bit longer!
      Thanks for following - I will be checking out your blog now xo

      Delete
  2. Hello! Found your blog through the blog hop!!
    nice work, looking forward to reading more diy projects!
    Happy to be your newest follower!! xx
    Alice Barton ♥ The Mow Way

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I have a few more planned! :) xo

      Delete
  3. Great idea, though id be far too scared to cut up one of my dresses!

    Beth

    Www.betterwithbeauty.blogspot.co.ul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That's why I used an old one I don't wear, in case it went horribly wrong! xo

      Delete