Wednesday, 25 July 2012

review: strawberry curlers dupes

I love having curly hair, but because my hair is thick and long it can usually take over an hour to curl my whole hair. About a month about I found out about Strawberry Curls, which are rollers that are completely made out of foam so they are comfy enough to sleep in. I have tried rollers before, but nothing like this. The rollers I tried before didn't work on my hair, so I didn't want to risk spending £12.99 + p&p (for a pack of 12), just for something that might not even work. I found these on ebay which are only £1.18 for a pack of 6, so of course I had to try them! I got 2 packs, because there was no way 6 would be enough for my hair.

This is what they look like!


I put them in after having a shower, and towel drying my hair a little so my hair was damp, rather than wet. I then slept in them and took them out in the morning.



As you can see I've very impressed! They have created perfect curls! However, 12 is not enough so I have ordered another 6, because my hair is so thick and long! Not all of the curls turned out perfectly, but I think that is just because I put too much hair into the curler, because I didn't have enough! They are perfect to sleep in, it just felt like a bumpy pillow under my head, however one did fall out in the night (it still curled it), but that might have been because it was so warm last night, and I had a rubbish sleep! I'm also a very rough sleeper, I move about like crazy, so I'm quite surprised only one fell out!

Overall I give them a 10/10 because they are perfect for me! 

7 comments:

  1. These are such a good idea and it's a bonus you found them so cheap! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Took me a while to find them, but I'm glad I did :)

      Delete
  2. Ooh I'm so glad they worked so well, they look adorable! Thanks for the review, I'll definitely be hunting for some myself :D

    Ali xx
    zombiesweareyeliner.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, they are definitely worth it :) xx

      Delete
  3. They are really cute! Might give them a go but I don't really bother trying to curl my hair as the curls never last long in my straight hair :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually have to use hair mousse and hair spray, but with these I haven't used anything and they stayed in all day! :)

      Delete
  4. ohhh i like the idea of these.

    I have naturally curly hair but it doesn't always curl up nicely- for an evening out these would be brilliant!

    Poppy

    letsdriveharaway.blogspot.co.uk

    xo

    ReplyDelete